Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Album cover draft

This is plan for the album cover, we are going to keep the back exactly the same, however we noticed that there are two songs with the same name 'outcast' we will change this. We will also need to change the he rose as it is a picture from Google so we need to take a picture of a rose we have brought. The font we chose I think fits the genre perfectly as it is slightly rocky but is quite sophisticated because of the narrow letters. The inside flap is a picture, this is like the bands logo. We have included this logo in the music video so the customers will recognise it.

Friday, 22 November 2013

Filming where the main character meets the group of people

This is me painting one of our volunteers face. The face paint is grey but has a hint of blue. We chose the colour grey to symbolise their lifeless personalities and how they have no individuality now they have been sucked into this clique. We meet at school at 8:30 and made our way to my house. We first painted all thier faces and got ready for filming. We did have a few retake because it was hard for 5 people to all keep a straight face. The 2 hours we were there were good and we got what we wanted done.

Test shots

This is a test shot to clone people. This has helped us a lot as we could have 1 person with the grey face paint on walking and we could clone this to make it look like there is a huge group of these people. This makes it a lot easier as we wont have to ask lots of people to come and film with us. People pull out and we end up with 3 people which isn't enough. Therefor this has really helped us as now we can have one of the group members being filmed then we can clone it.

Sunday, 10 November 2013

Green screen

These are some photos we took of us using the green screen. I was painting the face paint of Harry's face bit by bit and we recorded the whole thing so when we edit it and speed it up it will look as if it is gradually just taking over his face. With the green screen we can basically put anything as the back ground which helps a lot as it will give us so many ideas to choose from.

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Advertisment Artwork

This a rose I drew from the internet, this is just an idea of what could go on our album covers. We want to use a rose as it symbolises love and we have made out that some of the songs on the album are about love.

Filming schedule

Having the role of being the director I created this shooting schedule. I made a list of what days we would film, where and when to meet. I also included what to bring, for example black clothes. This schedual helped us and I printed off a few copies so we all had one each. This made it easy to meet as it was always in a place where everyone knew. The schedule is clear and effective.

Sunday, 3 November 2013

Post 16 - Track permission letter

Shown above is the request for permissions from the Label company that Canterbury are signed to (Hassle records). We haven't received a reply to the E-mail. We need the permissions for this soundtrack otherwise we will have our music video blocked on YouTube and may have the video or audio deleted due to copyright reasons.

Test Shots

These are some of the test shots we took in class. We used grey face paints as the base with the uv paint over the top. Without the uv light it is really difficult to show how effective these colourful paints can be. The grey face paints seems to be quite dark, therefore we now know next time we need to use more water or use white face paint to make it lighter. Test shots are really helpful because now we know what we need to do to get the best look achievable.

These are some test shots that we took in PDH. This is where we are planning on filming the performance part of the music video. The test shots allowed us to think about the positioning on the drums etc. It was always a chance for us to using PDH lighting. Unfortunately we unable to get the uv lights for this day but I think the lighting looks professional in these test shots. I really like the last test shot on the guitar and think it looks professional. However the guitar because was moving quite a lot so it made the camera pull in and out of focus.